New generation of ITS solutions for Copenhagen
In the past three years, Technolution has developed a new generation of ITS solutions (Intelligent Transport Systems) for the city of Copenhagen. The ITS Copenhagen project was an ambitious project, spearheaded by the realization of an advanced traffic management system for the city and the optimization of traffic flows on major roads. In addition, the project included the development of a number of innovative solutions for intelligent street lighting and road signs for cyclists and for smart, dynamic use of public space. All the different elements of the project are contributing to the objective of improving traffic flows in the city and achieving Copenhagen's climate objective, to reach CO2 neutrality by 2025.
The ITS Copenhagen project has laid the foundation for our Technolution Nordics branch, which now has offices in Copenhagen and Stockholm. Our services and concepts are well in line with the Nordics market. We have the ambition to grow further in this region. This ambition not only lies in the further realization of our traffic management solutions in the Nordics, but also in the realization of similar solutions for other markets, e.g. smart energy networks, infrastructure and care.
Expanding the Nordics team
We are looking for a Business Developer with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience to expand our Nordics team. As our Business Developer, you will work from our Copenhagen office. Your main responsibility will be to build and expand business relations with corporate and public clients in Denmark and South-Sweden, focusing on new business in mobility and maritime markets. You will identify new leads, follow up on them, and cooperate closely with your colleagues both in the Nordics and in the Netherlands to make sure new prospects will receive the best proposal possible. You have a lot of affinity with ICT, high tech and mobility and you can rely on an extensive network of corporate and public relations in the Nordics.
- Initiate, maintain and expand client contacts;
- Identify leads, follow them up, and transform them into sales opportunities;
- Develop new clients and opportunities into long-term relationships;
- Build and maintain relevant partnerships;
- You will be responsible for the quality and on-time drafting of offers and tenders;
- You will work closely with the Business Unit Director to determine tactics and strategy on the basis of market and domain knowledge and overview;
- You will determine whether offers are distinctive in the right way, on the basis of market and client knowledge. You will draw up a risk assessment and translate this into a commercial approach to managing the risks;
- Attend speeches and conventions, and holds relevant speeches both internally and externally.
Required skills & experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a business developer in the Nordics;
- A technical Bachelor’s/Master’s degree;
- Background in traffic management (and preferably ICT);
- Strong communicator;
- Experience with working in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of technical contracting (preferred);
- Knowledge of systems engineering (preferred);
- Able to remotely operate independently supported by colleagues in the Netherlands;
- Native speaker of Danish;
- Fluent in English;
- Affinity with working in other cultures.